This route should take around 10 to 15 minutes. We have kept to main roads that are well lit so you will easily find your way back again in the evening, but there are a few short cuts you can take if you wish.
- Exit from Caledonian Court at the pedestrian exit onto Dobbie’s Loan, turn right, and continue to the junction where you should turn left, making use of the pedestrian crossing.
- Continue along Milton Street, passing the Passport Office on your left, until you reach a T-junction with Maitland Street (NB the map below takes a slightly less salubrious route!).
- Turn left and walk to the end of the block, where you will find yourself in front of the National Piping Centre.
- You need to cross Cowcaddens Road and head down Hope Street ahead of you, passing MacConnells to your right, and the Theatre Royal to your left.
- Despite what the map may indicate below, you need to walk to Renfrew Street, turning right and then enter the RCS via the steps to the 1st floor. If you prefer to use a lift, then enter via the ground floor Reception.