Pre-Convention Conducting Course
24 – 25 August
Led by Susan Dingle and Keith Orrell
This practical course looks at rehearsal and conducting
techniques for leaders of all kinds of choir – no minimum
experience is required. You can participate either as
conductor or attend as an observer; a repertoire list is
sent in advance. Individual tuition will be available
for conductors with more experience or who have
already attended an abcd course.
Both Susan and Keith are expert and versatile choral and orchestral conductors with many years’ experience. Caithness-based Susan trained in Russia as well as in Scotland; Keith is a dedicated church musician, organist and pianist as well as a conductor.
- All in the April Evening – Roberton
- Morning Song – Godfrey
- I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free – Taylor arr Churchill
- Peace White Dove – Dolinski arr. Emmet
- O Quam Gloriosam – Victoria
- Sanctus from Requiem – Mozart
- The Willow Tree (from The Sprig of Thyme) – Rutter
- My Spirit Sang all Day – Finzi
Thursday August 24th
Friday August 26th
|1530||Tea and Finish|
Click here to download the timetable as PDF document.