23 – 24 August
Led by Amy Bebbington and Susan Hollingworth
This practical course looks at rehearsal and conducting techniques for leaders of all kinds of choir. The repertoire will cover an interesting and diverse selection of mostly, but not exclusively, mixed voice repertoire, which will be sent out in advance. Delegates can either participate as conductors or attend as observers. This course allows everyone to network, improve and share practical skills, and enjoy convivial choral conducting company!
Both Amy and Susan are expert and versatile choral and orchestral conductors with many years’ experience. abcd‘s Director of Training Amy holds a Doctorate of Musical Arts, specialising in Choral Conducting, from Texas Tech University and Susan, abcd Vice President, was named Choir Master of the Year by Gramophone Magazine in 2010.
The course runs from 3pm on 23 August through to 4pm on 24 August, when our main Convention programme starts.
- Hubert Parry, My Soul there is a country, OUP, Cramer or cpdl #10091, Never weather-beaten sail, OUP, Cramer or cpdl #20718
- Morten Lauridsen, Sure on this shining night, Faber
- Bob Chilcott, All my trials, OUP
- Felix Mendelssohn, He watching over Israel , cpdl #21114, He that shall endure to the end, cpdl #00252
- Sarah Quartel , Wide Open Spaces SATB, OUP
- Trad, Afton Water, Swansea Town, OUP Folksongs for Choirs 2
- Pierre Certon, La, la, la, Je ne l’ose dire, cpdl #10011